Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Write about a wound

I had only pushed the chair up to help mommy stir the spaghetti. I was being helpful.

Then my shirt was on fire. It was really on fire. Like in the barbeque. I tried to blow it out. I tried to hit it with my hands. It stayed on fire. Then I ran. I jumped off the chair and I ran around and around the kitchen screaming. Pieces of my shirt fell on the carpet and make a burn mark. Mommy was going to be mad at me for that.

When she came out of the bathroom I ran to her and she pulled off my shirt and stamped on it. She put the fire out. But there was a terrible smell. It kind of made my tummy feel sick. Mommy picked me up and put me on the counter and called Doctor Feltch. I just looked down at my tummy. It was all black and gross looking. One of my long hairs was stuck in the black part. I tried to pull it out but it wouldn't come and it hurt when I tugged on it.

"Come on baby, let's get in the car."

she laid me down in the back of the station wagon while she drove. She had all the windows open to blow cool air on me. I was feeling very sleepy. And a little sick. I don't like to ride in the back seat. It makes me sick.

We got to the hospital. The same one where my sister was born. I had never been to this busy room before. It was very white and bright. And it smelled clean.

The next thing I remember was being in a crib even though I was 5 and could sleep in a big girl bed. The nurses were offering me popsicles and hot dogs. I took the popsicles. A lot of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment