Friday, January 6, 2012

Write about bathing

I am going out on a date with my husband tonight. He called me and asked me if I wanted to go out to the movies with him. I love it when he takes the initiative to ask me out. Of course, I still have to feed and bathe everyone and get the kids lined up with a babysitter and pick the movie, but it still makes me feel special when he calls and asks. It reminds me of our first date.

We had been hanging out as friends (with benefits) for a while but never officially went out. One day he sent me an email and officially asked me out on a date for Friday April 19th. I said sure and then thought for 5 days of what I would wear.

I had lost a bunch of weight and had this awesome pair of suede-like black pants that I would wear with a neatly pressed white button up shirt. I ironed everything and laid it out nicely. Picked out some black trouser socks with a little design and my favorite black clogs. I hopped in the shower.

I shaved my legs, twice and my underarms once. It was just barely spring in Utah and so it wasn't shorts weather yet which meant that I hadn't been shaving regularly. I was pretty slick now. I used my favorite body soap called Happy. It matched my favorite perfume by the same name. Washed my hair and got out.

At this time my hair was cut to about 2 inches above my scalp and I wore it with a lot of gel all spiked up. I was pretty tough looking. Then I dressed. Of course I wore clean lacy underwear with a matching lacy bra. I never wear those things because they itch. If a woman is wearing lacy under things its because she likes you, not because they are comfortable. I put on my neat clothes and checked in the mirror. Looking good, but not great.

I proceeded to do my make-up. Another thing I don't usually do. It's not that I don't' like make-up, its that I hate to take it off. and then I always forget I am wearing it and I rub my eyes and smear everything all over my face. But this was special so I did my self up nice.

I heard Doug pull up and he was playing ball with the kids in the yard. The weather was nice enough to not have to wear a coat and snow was melted so it was a good day to be outside. My daughter KD came down to get me. I couldn't just be ready on the couch waiting. No woman waits for a man. The man always has to wait for the lady.

I stepped outside and Doug turned to look at me. "That's not fair!" he said.
"What's not fair?"
"You look like that and I look like this? Everyone will wonder why you went slumming."

I was thrilled with the response. Hopefully I will get it tonight too.

1 comment: